D DUKES is a talent that has been swept under the rug for years; he has found his feet and running head first into the music scene. Check out his new single title "Morning Light" his songwriting reaches depths of his soul, crafting his lyrics from his inner most thoughts and most personal of experiences. Intrigue deeper by downloading and listening to "Morning Light".
1.) When did you all start making music?
When I was 6 years old, I would rap off my video games music and just record myself with a tape recorder.
2. What elements and/or characteristics made you say to yourself that you wanted to do music for a living?
I wasn't the type to talk a lot. I was very shy but also very sensitive so music was my only outlet. That was the way to get my emotions across without actually having to sit and talk to somebody about it. So as I got older it just made sense to me to continue my passion and learn the formula.
3. Who are your influences/heroes/role models?
I listen to a lot of underground because I can feel the hunger and compare it but big Krit, Peezy, and Cassidy are some of the influences with music.
4. If you could compare yourself to an already established artist, who would that be and why?
I would say Big Krit because I got that southern in me and also we both have a story to tell. Difference is they haven't heard mine yet.
5. What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
They will get upliftment, motivation, hunger, and also fun. I try to paint a vivid picture with my words and I hope everybody can relate.
6. How do you prepare yourself to write certain songs?
By thinking deeper, meditating and praying and just writing what comes to the heart and hope my listeners feel it.
7. What is the most difficult thing you've had to endure so far when it comes to getting your music heard?
I would say visuals. I lack in that department. Everything nowadays is social media and visuals. So one thing I will work on is dropping more videos so my listeners can piece the puzzle better.
8. Everyone in life goes through adversity of some sort. Is there anything in your life that has any influence on the kind of songs you write?
Yes my kids. My everyday struggle. Just the world in general, it affects me and everyone in general. So that's another huge part that influences the music I create.
9. How do you feel when you see that people enjoy your music and are affected by it?
It's a wonderful feeling, it shows that I'm doing something right and that people are believing in my story and vision. I feel I work my butt off and at times it gets unnoticed but with music, it's a different kind of feeling when it gets noticed.
10. What do you hope to accomplish with your music?
To get more visuals, drop more consistent music. Travel more with my music, and perfect my craft everyday to get better for the people who believe in me and want me to make it.